Thursday, February 18, 2010

Is The Simple Range Vegan Should We, Vegan Or Otherwise, Keep Any Pet In A Cage ?

Should we, vegan or otherwise, keep any pet in a cage ? - is the simple range vegan

After Hugh Firney-Whiterstall (or so) laudable attempt, the chicken farmer, who had to make just a conversation with a friend, the vegetarian rightly railed against the imprisonment of animals in such cramped conditions. However, the same Friend 3 Guinea pigs are kept in a cage of 1.2 m by 0.6 m and two rabbits at 1.8 by 0.6 m cabin, and there was a "run" of about 2 feet outside, but in winter amount to the cage for the 1 / 2 hours every two days should be "spoiled".
It seems difficult to understand - we have 4 years ago gerbils for my daughter - and after she became a living being, agile his short life in a cage was smaller than a multiple of their natural surroundings, I promised to neverKeep an animal in a cage again. Now I consider myself an "animal" sense "and not" animal lover "and (sorry if provocative), not only keep for a pet for emotional need ITSELF

8 comments:

kostar said...

It is a difficult question that can never be answered. I fight with her. I have a chinchilla, and keep it in a large cage, and I left all day in an enclosure. I rescued him from a pet store, where he lived inappropriate in a small aquarium, and life is much better with me, he was there. He was born in captivity and has never known anything else, so it was not long, would be for the freedom of a prisoner. The problem is that when an animal rescue a bad situation into a pet shop fills a different animal this point, and it is a vicious circle.

However, I know that my chinchilla will be happier if it was the freedom of movement, but it is not quite possible.

I think all I can do is give the best possible life in captivity.

Ryan said...

If this question should probably not your pet. If you do not care about the caging of animals, then you do it. Otherwise, do not put themselves in a situation where it is due.

=) said...

If you go to "play time", then I think it's Okayy. =]

Lisa G said...

You're doing very well with PETA.

The problem with the small animal cage is not size, is what you have to do.

My guinea pigs have a massive state belongs to them, and are very happy. My being a vegetarian, I can share most of my raw food with them (carrots, apples, bananas, etc.) and they love it.

Much more than I want to be eaten by a wild dog, if I understand.

imatheis... said...

Honey, accommodation for pets of your friends are bigger than the animals in that, what experts recommend as a minimum.

I do not see how to resist torture of animals in factory farms, is compared to the keeping of animals (the safe before the death in a high level of protection to kill were stored in my case) in a cell with the proper diet, toys and interaction .

Hannah said...

Have you considered that gerbils do not really "natural" at this time because they domesticated elsewhere?

This is not really an issue.

Kimberley W said...

I animals (two dogs and two cats), they all come from abusive situations. I then saved.

I farmed encourgage and profit from their sale. - But we must try to help to households in need.

imprision animals should not, but if we love them and keep them and care about them, then that's better.

Personally, I would never be a bird. Feed the birds, I discovered I have an aviary. Bowl of water, etc.. but I never seen a steal in a cage - only because they are intended, and not be in a cage!

~Jezebel... said...

I have no animals in cages. That means I could and probably will again (saved) mice. I have mixed feelings. I would be delighted if there is no refuge. I would not have animals if they do not need housing. My cats were in my favor, adopt eventually. My dog has adopted in human society. Yes, it would be bitter, because I may have around, but I also know that for my own selfish reasons.

Post a Comment